I don’t enjoy housework. I know there are some of you out there who like to get your Cinderella on, but that’s just not me. However, I cannot stand having a dirty home. Messy I can do, dirty though, that’s not okay. I have found that with a small child, a touch of OCD, and a control-freak mentality, keeping our home clean has been a struggle. Therefore I have decided to make a cleaning schedule and stick to it! This is one of my goals for 2014 so I’m posting it here and I hope you lovely readers can help keep me accountable!
|The hall bath after it was freshly cleaned. Proof that it happened!|
Here’s my proposed daily schedule:
- Every Morning:
- Empty the dishwasher and drying racks
- Hang up towels (hubby’s request, I’m terrible about leaving towels everywhere)
- Put up kid clothes and diapers. These are kept in the kid’s rooms and generally get folded when they’re already asleep. I am not risking waking a sleeping baby just to put clothes up.
- Every Night:
- One of load of laundry to the wash, to the dryer, and folded.
- Clean out diaper bags and rinse out diapers.
- Run dishwasher if full. Fill drying racks if there are hand-wash dishes.
- Take out the compost and recycling to the appropriate places.
- Wipe down the kitchen table and counter tops.
- Sweep the kitchen.
- Monday- Mop the kitchen and entry way.
- Tuesday- Clean the master bathroom.
- Wednesday- Clean the hall bathroom
- Thursday- Mommy’s night off! Regular maintenance chores only.
- Friday- Dust whole house.
- Saturday- Vacuum all carpet.
- Sunday- Catch-up or any special tasks.