I’m not a big resolution person but here are some of my goals for this year. I share these with you lovely readers so that you can help keep me accountable! We’ve moved into our lovely new house and soon we will have our second little boy here with us. With all the change and transition, it just feels like a good time to start building up some new, better habits. Without further ado, here are some of my goals for 2014:
- Keep the house clean enough. I’m not shooting for Martha Stewart, picture-perfect every day here. I just want to keep the cleaning manageable and not feel like I need to apologize if someone stops by unexpectedly. I’ll be posting a cleaning schedule later. I wrote it out today and will start enforcing it tonight!
- No more medical debt. With all of Alex’s health issues from last year and having two babies in two years, we’ve got more doctor’s bills than I would like. We’ve been paying them off as we can, but I hope to have them all paid off by the end of the year! (Alex’s pediatrician was paid off this month!)
- Try new recipes. I’m in a rut. I cook the same 7-10 meals over and over again. Once new baby is here and we get a decent rhythm down, I want to try one new recipe each week. Each recipe will be a whole foods recipe and will hopefully help expand my culinary skills (I’m getting better!) as well as increase our dietary variety.
- Make fitness a priority. This will be hard with two littles and a full time job, but it’s very important to me! Yes, I’d like to lose some weight (maybe a lot of weight), but I really want to focus on helping my body to function better.
- Decorate the house. I am not a big decorator. Home decor is one thing that just kinda didn’t get downloaded into my programming. However, I want to decorate our little house and have it looking good. I’m giving myself a year here and it’s gonna take me some time.
- Build up a garden. I’m so excited to have a yard! Not only will the boys have a place to run and play, which Alex already enjoys, but we can have a garden! I want to grow many of our own fruits and veggies and herbs. Be watching for details as our plan unfolds!
- Make our lifestyle more sustainable. While our lifestyle is already pretty “green” in some respects, I’d really like to make even more improvements. One area I really want to focus on this year is eliminating one-time-use products and extra plastics. I don’t think this will be a difficult goal, but it will take some time to build up a stash of reusable items to replace our commonly used disposable stuffs.
What goals do you have for this year?